How Knowledge of God Forms Us into Servant Leaders
“Jesus knew the Father had given everything into his hands
and that he had come from God and was returning to God.
So he got up from the table and took off his robes.
Picking up a linen towel, he tied it around his waist.
Then he poured water into a washbasin and began to wash the disciples’ feet.”
John 13:3-5 (CEB)
When we are secure in the depth of God’s love for us ... really know God and have an assurance of God’s grace ... all things are possible. That’s what Jesus was showing his friends that evening in the Upper Room, preparing for the crucifixion and preparing them for the journey ahead. Before we can serve others – washing feet, leading the local church in faithful ministry, being present through difficult circumstances – whatever it is, we need to have the depth of the Father’s presence in our lives. I have learned that’s where everything begins. What about you?
You are invited to several events over the course of the next few days! Tomorrow, 4/2 is “Thrive! Rebuilding the Local Church” 9AM-12:30PM, Suntree UMC in Melbourne. We have over 150 people registered. You can walk-in tomorrow – everyone is welcome! It will be a half-day focusing on knowing God’s love for us and out of that love, being servant leaders through our local churches to build God’s Kingdom. I hope to see you there!
Then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM, you are invited to join several others and me in a conversation around The Future of The United Methodist Church. With love and grace, we will discuss the postponement of General Conference, the launching of The Global Methodist Church, answer questions and be present with one another as we seek God’s leading. Below are the locations. No registration necessary. All are welcome! I hope you join us!
- Sunday, 4/3 6PM: Wesley UMC, Melbourne, 2075 Meadowland Ave., Melbourne, FL
- Monday, 4/4 6PM: United Methodist Church of the Palm Beaches, 900 Brandywine Road, West Palm Beach, FL
- Tuesday, 4/5 6PM: Coronado Community UMC, 201 S. Peninsula Ave., New Smyrna Beach, FL
As we look forward to being together, may the knowledge of the Father, the love of Jesus and the presence of the Holy Spirit fill you today! See you tomorrow!
Grace and peace ~
Missional Vital Signs Reporting Update
Missional Vital Signs Reporting is being moved to the Church Dashboard for each church. It is anticipated that the move will launch in April. In preparation for this, please login to your Church Dashboard and ensure that someone is assigned as the MVS reporter for your church leadership and that their email address is correct.
If you have any questions, please contact the District office.
Support for Ukraine Refugees
To Help Refugees within Ukraine:
- Online: Click HERE to give online. Designate your donation: “Ukraine Refugees.”
- By Phone: Call toll free 888-252-6174 to make your gift. Credit card gifts can be accepted by phone.
- By Mail: Make checks payable to ADVANCE GCFA and send it to: Advance GCFA, P.O. Box 9068, New York, NY 10087-9068. Write “Advance #14053A-Ukraine Refugees” on the Memo line
To Help Ukraine Refugees in Poland:
- Send financial support to the Conference Treasurer on the church's Apportionment Giving Report, under "Adv 102130-Ukraine Refugees"
- By Mail: Make check payable to the "Florida Conference Treasurer" and send it to: FLORIDA UNITED METHODIST CENTER, Attn: Icel Rodriguez, 450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave., Lakeland, FL 33815. Write "Adv # 102130-Ukraine Refugees" on the memo line.