Definitions of jail and prison ministry . . .
- Place for the detention of persons awaiting trial or legal judgment
- A secure place for keeping people found guilty of minor crimes sentenced for a year or less
- Juvenile Detention is a secure residential facility for young people, often termed juvenile delinquents, awaiting court hearings and/or placement in long-term care facilities and programs. http://www.djj.state.fl.us/Residential/Facilities/allfacilities.html
- An institution usually under state control for confinement of persons serving sentences of a year or more for serious crimes
- The act of serving God and serving others