The Self-Nomination process is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a delegate representing the Florida Annual Conference to the 2020 General Conference Session. The Florida Annual Conference uses a self-nominating registration system. Those persons who discern a call to serve as a delegate, AND, who successfully complete the registration process will be eligible for election as a delegate. You are about to begin the on-line registration process.
As you prepare to complete the registration form, please be aware of the following things:
- The form will ask you to provide information about yourself which may require some careful thought and planning. It is strongly recommended that you print a blank copy of the form before you begin your work. Please be aware that the on-line form does not offer you the opportunity to save your work and to return to it later. Once you begin, you will need to fill out the form in its entirety before submitting.
- If you do not have access to a computer to complete the registration process, please notify me and I will provide a paper copy of the form for you to complete. You will be given the opportunity to attach a recent digital photo of yourself. The photo should be in the popular .jpg or .jpeg format. Please have this file ready to attach to your registration before hitting the submit button. Photos, if submitted, will be included in the Workbook and on the Conference web site.
- The form will ask you to provide some basic information about you, your church involvement, and pertinent contact information. If certain questions do not apply to you, please type in the word “none” in the places indicated. The form will ask you to select an “ethnic” category that best describes you. The categories offered in the drop-down box have been provided by the General Church to use throughout the connection. The categories provided may not match with your particular manner of identifying your ethnicity. Please select from the available options the one that best describes how you define yourself.
- The form will ask you to complete an essay. You may choose to answer either of the two questions. Your answer to the question must be 250 words or less. Only the first 250 words will be printed in the pre- Conference materials. BE AWARE – your answer to the question will be printed exactly as you have provided it. Therefore, be sure to check for spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors before you submit the form.
- The deadline to complete the on-line registration process is February 15, 2019. The form will be removed from the Annual Conference web site following this date. All forms submitted by U.S. Mail must be sent to me at the address below, and must be postmarked on or before February 15, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the on-line nomination process, please feel free to contact me by phone or email using the information below.
Rev. Cory Britt
Chair, Elections Procedures Committee
Click here for Clergy Self-Nomination form Click here for Laity Self-Nomination form
For Assistance September through October
Rev. Beth Gardner
College Heights United Methodist Church
942 South Boulevard
Lakeland, Florida 33803
(863)682-8191, ext. 226
For Assistance November through July
Rev, Cory Britt
South Shore UMC
11525 Big Bend Rd.