The Office of Clergy Excellence, a Connectional Ministry of the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, sponsors the Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program. This program is for young adults, ages 18-26, who are interested in exploring ordained ministry through 10-week summer internships at United Methodist Churches and other approved extension ministry settings within the Florida Conference. These internships seek to provide a holistic, hands-on experience in pastoral ministry within a variety of areas of responsibility and under the guidance of a supervisor.
Please Click Here to access the 2020 Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program Application.
Responsibilities of Intern:
• Fulfill the terms of the internship (assigned leadership role, tasks, work hours, read assigned text, etc.)
• Provide own transportation and meal costs, as well as any personal expenses
• Weekly check in with Office of Clergy Excellence Responsibilities of Supervising Pastor/Minister:
• Develop an internship job description that clearly lays out expectations and desired outcomes
• Meet weekly with intern for supervision and reflection, or designate an alternate supervisor in your absence
• Provide intern with a wide variety of tasks and experiences in ministry
• Allow intern to have hands-on experience, with regular feedback in preaching, teaching, worship leadership, pastoral care, administration, and outreach/mission
• Support the intern’s vocational discernment
• Read and review the required text: Let Your Life Speak by Parker Palmer, with the intern.
The Due Date for submission is April 30, 2020.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011