The bonus is the calcium and protein to help start your day. These are wonderful, and with fruit you really do have a nutritious breakfast.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
1 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey or agave
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
butter, oil or oil spray
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat, lightly coat with oil or butter and pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake.
5. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden.
*To Freeze: Let pancakes come to room temperature, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3 months.
Makes about 2 dozen small pancakes.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011