John's Pork and Apples
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4 pork chops
2 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
3 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked spaetzle or egg noodles
1. Heat large skillet on medium-high. Place chops in skillet and brown on both sides (don't over cook).
2. Remove chops and place in large baking dish with cover. Layer apples and onions on chops.
3. Sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper over apples and onions. Pour cider vinegar over ingredients.
4. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Plate ingredients and spaetzle. Stir remaining liquid and pour over spaetzle.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011