NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Today’s tech-savvy seekers turn to the Internet as their primary source for information. Local United Methodist churches can be prepared with an updated profile on Find-A-Church, now enhanced with easily viewed events, social media and worship information.
New Find-A-Church features include:
• GoogleMap with movable pin to exactly communicate location
• Links to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus and Instagram
• Update-able information about clergy
• Event listings for ministries in the church, including event-specific social media links; event management and registration functions are coming soon
• Calendar of information about day-to-day activities
• Optional link to Rethink Church national advertising message
• Easier formatting options for custom profile messages
To make it easier to update your Find-A-Church profile, United Methodist Communications is offering a series of step-by-step tutorial videos which are available online.
There are 7,500 churches that have never updated their Find-A-Church profile, and more than 10,000 churches do not have a website.
In the Rio Texas Annual Conference, Rev. Will Rice, director of communications and media, is encouraging local churches to use Find-A-Church as part of a conference-wide “No Church Left Behind” digital initiative.
“We want all of our churches to have vibrant, up to date websites. Not all of them do. With Find-A-Church, it is free and easy for 100 percent of our churches to have a presence on the Web. The common branding also strengthens our United Methodist presence in our communities. When congregations get their profiles up to date, I can link to them from the church directory housed on our conference website so that each and every congregation has a chance to share about their worship services, missions and ministries,” he said.
United Methodist Communications also offers Web hosting services starting at just $5 per month.
With 1,000 people visiting Find-A-Church each day, this service is a no-cost opportunity for increased Web presence and outreach, helping to open the doors of every local church to the community. Click here to view the Find-A-Church webpage.