Faith and Guns ForumChurch and Society is hosting a Faith and Guns Forum as an opportunity to learn about the issue of gun violence and explore how we, as United Methodists, can reduce and prevent it. It will be three days in Washington, D.C. full of education, organizing training and advocacy. Join us at the United Methodist Building on November 14-16!
- Rev. Jim Atwood "America and Its Guns: A Theological Expose" Retired PCUSA Pastor
- Rev. Dr. Katie Day The Charles A. Scheiren Professor, Church and Society, Director, Metropolitan/Urban Concentration Lutheran Philadelphia Seminary
- Dr. Cedric Johnson Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology and Congregational Care Wesley Theological Seminary
- Jeania Ree Moore Director of Civil and Human Rights, General Board of Church and Society, UMC
- Claire Markham Associate Director, Faith and Progressive Policy Initiative, Center for American Progress
- Greg Waples Campaign Manager, Guns and Crime Policy, Center for American Progress
- Miri Cypers Director of Federal Affairs and Partnerships, Americans for Responsible Solutions
- Everytown for Gun Safety Survivors
- Beth Reilly National Gun Violence Prevention Organizer - Church and Society, UMC
- Rebecca Cole Organizing Program Coordinator - Church and Society, UMC
Registration is $200 per person which includes housing (per person with double occupancy), lunch and registration fees. If you do not need housing, registration is $75.
Deadline for registration is October 21, 2016. Space is limited. here.