Thank you for registering for the Annual Conference Youth Delegation! Below you will find important information regarding the event. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kelly Minter (firstname.lastname@example.org). See you in June!
- The youth members to Annual Conference are required this year to sleep and take their meals ON CAMPUS at BCU, the cost of which is $100 for the lodging and all meals beginning with dinner Tuesday through breakfast Saturday.
- You will be on time for and participate in all activities during this event.
- You will abide by the rules set by the event leader and adult chaperones
- Youth members will not be allowed to leave campus (unless on an official youth delegation outing!) until the event is over.
- If you drive to AC 2015, you will leave your car parker at BCU for the duration of the event. You will not be permitted to drive your vehicle during the event.
While we do not have a mandatory dress code, we encourage you to strive for business casual. This means nice jeans or pants, fingertip length or longer shorts, and a presentable, clean shirt or top. The event room will be chilly, so you will want to bring some layers. Please no excessively torn jeans or t-shirts. No clothing with suggestive messages.
We may all be receiving “youth delegation” t-shirts, and if we do we will wear them together on Thursday
What to bring:
- Completed medical form, expectation sheet, and retreat waiver – these forms will be sent to you by April 15
- Lunch on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday is included (You may also bring spending money for the snack bars at BCU)
- Sleeping bag or twin size sheets
- Clothing for 5 days of conference session
- Clothing for hanging out on campus (shorts rule still applies)
- Personal clothing items and personal care items
During the event, there will be a good amount of social media interaction. If you have a twitter account, please notify Kelly so she can add you to the newsfeed.
Download the AC 2015 YAPP. This will put all of the important information right on your phone! Just go to your app store and download “yapp box”. The use code W5HSK8 to download the Yapp. This will have ALL of the details for the event at your fingertips…so don’t forget to download it!
If you have any questions, need directions, etc, please contact Kelly Minter.
Kelly Minter, event coordinator
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011