Thursday, February 02
Florida United Methodist Communications keeps you informed on what’s going on throughout The United Methodist Church. Through the Florida Conference website
, News & Views
, This Just In
, Now Playing
, e-mail communication
and more, Florida Communications provides local churches with the latest developments in the ministry, mission and leadership of The United Methodist Church in Florida and around the world.
Stay connected to the Florida Conference
- www.flumc.org – The Florida Conference website provides you with the latest on Florida Conference churches, ministries and leaders and news from across the denomination and around the world. It provides a platform in which to make connections with educational and ministry opportunities, as well as creating a space for blogging, commentary, and having conversations about opinions that are published. It also connects you to conference staff, boards, agencies, ministries and initiatives.
- Your Stories and Pics – A place to share your stories of happiness, love and inspiration on the front page of the Florida Conference website.
- Now Playing – The local church video community created by the Florida Conference for churches to learn how other local churches are impacting their communities and to share what you are doing in yours.
- Facebook – Our conference-wide Facebook community is a place for the local churches to share and engage in conversation about faith, missions, outreach, community and worship.
- Twitter – Follow us, tweet to us and retweet us! Get in on the action with live tweets from Annual Conference, and regular updates on all things Florida Conference.
- Email Subscription – Subscribe by email to the latest updates for local church stories, Florida Conference news, blog updates and more.
Our additional services
- Multimedia – Our video production capabilities enable us to produce recorded and streaming video news and interpretation pieces.
- Electronic Communications – The Florida Conference’s email network is a source for distributing breaking news and community information. Request an email by filling out an email blast request form. (Note: This form is not to be used for a Joys and Concerns submission. Please contact your district office for Joys and Concerns.)
- Media Relations – We are available to teach and consult with churches on how to share their news with the public media.
- Crisis Communication – We are also available to work with churches in dealing with the media in crisis and emergency situations. This service is available either on-site or through phone consultations.
- Knowledge and Information Services – Provides analysis, research, and reporting support along with the traditional data management functions of data collection, storage, and maintenance. This team also provides analysis support for process improvement and problem resolution. The team’s mission is to partner and to work cooperatively with the GCFA, the Conference and District staff to support the local churches.