Director of Student Ministries
Memorial United Methodist Church is seeking resumes for Director of Student Ministries.
Memorial UMC is a growing community of Christ followers who seek to know Christ and to make Him known. We are a loving, outwardly focused church who seeks to bring all people into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Located in the heart of Lake Placid, Florida, we are an established church with an average of 235 attending two worship services. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your email@example.com.
- Attend Church at both services.
- Attend staff meetings and bi-weekly meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- Attend Church Council.
- Lead the following ministries:
- Sunday School for Middle and High School Students
- Wednesday Night Youth Small Groups
- Sunday Evening Youth Group
- Tuesday Morning High School Prayer Group
- Develop and Nurture the Youth Praise Band.
- Assist the Pastor with Confirmation.
- Assist the Senior Pastor as requested.
- Develop events, retreats, and ministries that reach out to non-Christian Students, connect them to the Church, develop them into fully formed disciples of Jesus Christ, and send them into the world as missionaries and evangelists equipped to reach others with the love of Jesus Christ.
- Build Teams of trained, resourced, adult volunteers for Youth Ministries.
- Train all volunteers in the church in our Child Protection Policy.
- Coordinate with the Children’s Director in:
- Forming a bridge plan from the children to youth ministry.
- Vacation Bible School (supervision and direction of youth volunteers).
- Special Events (Easter Egg Hunt and Pumpkin Party).
- Bible Engagement Plan for all students.
- Developing spiritual gifts.
- Missional Engagement:
- Annual High School International Trip
- Annual Stateside Middle School Trip
- Twice a year local mission’s opportunity.
- Develop and maintain a database of all students.
- Manage the Youth Ministry Budget lines and stay in compliance with all policies.
- Support the teachings of the United Methodist Church as outlined in the Book of Discipline as well as assure compliance with the Book of Discipline, the Legal Resource Manual and the United Methodist Church in all matters.
- Other duties in relation to the business affairs of the church as directed by the Senior Pastor and/or SPRC committee.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Contact: Cheryl Myslwy
500 Kent Ave Lake Placid 33852