Part Time Director of Children’s Ministry – First United Methodist Chiefland
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to advise, develop, plan, co-ordinate, and deliver programming and activities for children ages 4-11. The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for:
- co-ordinating all aspects of the Children’s program including supervising the activities of adult volunteers in Children’s Ministry
- be prepared to conduct Sunday morning children’s church according to guidelines determined annually by the Pastor/Discipleship Committee
- manage the Children’s Ministry budget and advise the Pastor/Financial Committee Chairperson on annual budget requirements
- Regularly communicate children’s program information to the Parents/Guardians in accordance within the guidelines of the Church Communication Policy
- integrate worship that is age appropriate in all Children’s Ministry Programming
- In consultation with the Pastor or Music Director encourage and integrate Children’s participation in regular Sunday morning worship, the children’s moment, and children’s events with family participation during the year.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is a member of the Staff and the Discipleship Committee. The Director of Children’s Ministry will participate in all Staff meetings, mandated training, Discipleship committee work, and other Children’s ministry related work as directed by the Pastor.
This is a part time position averaging four hours a week at the rate of $3,000 per year. There is potential for the hours and salary to increase as this ministry grows. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, families, and volunteers in a ministry related setting. They will have a commitment to Jesus Christ and a passion for ministering to children and their families. Inquiries and resumes should be sent to First United Methodist Chiefland, Attention: Pastor Alex Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Pastor Alex Christian
PO Box 1086 Chiefland FL 32644