Director of Ministry Teams- St. Andrew's UMC, Brandon
Title: Director of Ministry Teams
Purpose: The Director of Ministry Teams will assist leading people to experience God’s grace through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through providing for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the program ministry of St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church.
Reports to: The Senior Pastor
Pay Status: FSLA non-exempt, part-time, salaried position.
Work Schedule: The Director of Ministry Teams is a Part-time position and office hours will be determined according to the needs of the church and the availability of the Director of Ministry Teams. Regular office hours will be kept while the Church Office is open.
Responsibilities: The Director of Ministry Teams shall be responsible for:
Providing leadership oversight and supervision to the following areas:
- Connect Ministry:
- Life Groups:
- Provide leadership supervision for the volunteer Life Group Team Coordinator.
- Help integrate people into Life Groups.
- Set metrics and goals for growing the Life Group ministry.
- Connect Events:
- Provide leadership supervision for the volunteer Connect Events Team Coordinator.
- Help integrate people into Connect Events.
- Set metrics and goals for growing the Connect Events ministry.
- Grow Ministry:
- Provide leadership supervision for the volunteer Grow Team Coordinator.
- Ensure there is an intentional path to discipleship.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage effective leaders in ministry.
- Communicate well with volunteers, leaders, staff, and church.
- Serve Ministry:
- Provide leadership supervision for the volunteer Serve Church Team Coordinator and Serve Mission Partners Team Coordinator.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage effective leaders to serve in ministry within the church.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage effective leaders to serve in the community through our mission partners and beyond.
- General Leadership:
- Work cooperatively with Adult Ministry Team in visioning, developing and implementing strategic goals and metrics.
- Work closely with the church staff to coordinate with and complement other church ministries.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to live and model a lifestyle that honors God.
- Strong knowledge of the Bible and Doctrines of The United Methodist Church.
- Manifest a call to Ministry in the local church.
- Rapport with all age levels of adults, leadership, and church staff.
- Ability to recruit, train, and support volunteers and leaders.
- Commitment to personal openness, integrity, and honesty with regard interpersonal relationships.
- Spiritual Leadership.
- Dynamic Teaching.
- Knowledge of developmental needs of adults.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Team based ministry.
- Administrative leadership and coordination.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited college or university, preferably with a Christian Education/Adult Ministry focus.
- A proven track record of demonstrated leadership in ministry in a church or parachurch setting.
Contact: Tim Machtel
3315 Bryan Road Brandon FL 33511