Job Title: Music Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part Time Regular
To lead people of all ages in the congregation in music-making experiences so that they:
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- May grow in understanding the Christian faith and music’s role in that faith.
- Will develop and strengthen their relationship with God.
- Will become better equipped for daily living as faithful Christian disciples.
- Will gain basic music skills so that they may effectively serve the church as music leaders.
- To develop and support effective musical leadership in the church.
- To direct choir and/or other musical groups (Bell Choir) during worship services.
- To conduct choir rehearsal once a week to prepare for Sunday worship services.
- To coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive music ministry for the congregation and community.
- To continually learn both about music and about the people in the congregation and community so that you can plan music appropriate to their needs.
- To be familiar with the overall goals the congregation has set for it, how these goals influence its music programs, and how these goals may be extended.
- To keep the congregation informed about the music needs of people, the goals of the music program, and the resources available that will help the congregation reach these goals.
- To promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry.
- To organize, teach and coach choir and choral groups and other musical ensembles utilizing and working with the church organist and pianist.
- To be responsible for developing, guiding, coaching and directing special music programs or cantatas throughout the year in conjunction with the spiritual season or special services of worship. To encourage all music providers and congregational members to participate in cantatas and other special services of worship.
- To impress upon the choir members and musicians they are called upon God as a special ministry to the worshipping congregation.
- To provide a variety of options for various anthems for worship service.
- To establish and maintain an orderly music directory and file system.
- To purchase music and material supplies as required within approved budget limits. These purchase are to be reviewed with the Senior Pastor prior to purchase.
- To plan anthems and the music calendar in keeping with the liturgical year and with the Senior Pastor.
- To establish a rapport with each choir member, musical ensembles, the church organist, pianist, special instrumentalist, other soloists and the congregation in pursuit of a balanced and well received program.
- To secure the education/administrative building and church sanctuary when leaving by ensuring the air conditioning has been turned up, the lights have been turned off and all doors are locked and checked before leaving.
Contact: Rev. Daniel N. McDonald
3170 N. McMullen Booth Rd. Clearwater FL 33761