Children’s Ministry Associate – Part Time
North Naples United Methodist Church, located in Naples, FL is accepting resumes for a part-time Children’s Ministry Associate. The Children’s Ministry Associate has the responsibility to provide spiritual formation opportunities for children and their families. In addition, this position is to see that the goals established by the Director of Children’s Ministry are met. The schedule is 20 hours per week: 5 hours on Sundays and flexible 15 hours per week (Sunday – Thursday or Sunday - Wednesday) year round.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Children’s Ministry Associate is required to work on every Sunday when there is programming.
- Assist in leading a comprehensive program for children (birth – 5th Grade), their families, and volunteers in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministry, i.e. educational classes, worship, missions, outreach and fellowship.
- Recruit, train, equip, schedule, supervise, and appreciate Children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and/or edit spiritual curriculum for early childhood and elementary programs and communicate to volunteers and staff.
- Order, gather and distribute classroom supplies in a financially responsible manner.
- Responsible for substitute teaching in the absence of a teacher after all substitution options are exhausted.
- Seek creative ways to incorporate spiritual formation opportunities for children.
- Interact, equip and support parents in spiritual formation of their children.
- Create administrative documents needed for the various programs in the ministry.
- Visit classes/programs to give support and encouragement and to evaluate effectiveness.
- Coordinate, plan and assist in supervision of all children during programing.
- Communicate program information to children, parents and volunteers on a weekly basis through various means including: social media, email, newsletter, mailing, bulletin board, etc.
- Track and submit weekly report of attendance.
- Attend Children’s Ministry Team and Church Staff meetings.
- Represent the Children’s Ministry at events, meetings and programs as necessary and/or in the absence of the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Assist in implementing various special events including (but not limited to): Retreats; Summer Programs, Family Events; Bible Presentation to Third graders; etc.
- Schedule early childhood staff on Sundays and as needed for programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience in children and/or family ministry or Christian Education. Possess excellent computer, organization and communication skills. A positive team player, self-motivated individual committed to excellence. Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of the Church.
, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com
Contact: Ginny Lamb
6000 Goodlette Road N Naples FL 34109