Director of Music Ministries
Seeking: Director of Music Ministry
Nature of Work:
- On a part time basis, lead and coordinate music ministry of church, including the adult choir, children choir, other musical ensembles, and develop music opportunities especially for young people and contemporary worship.
- Diverse musical skills and experience including experience in traditional, contemporary, and gospel styles of music and worship
- Prior leadership experience in a Christian musical group such as a choir or praise band
- Ability to identify and develop musical talent
- Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and the local church
- Musical training
- Working knowledge of sound and multi-media equipment and worship software
- Ability to teach and engage young people in music and worship arts
- Plan and lead weekly choir/worship team rehearsal and worship; select and coordinate special musical presentations for worship, especially in cooperation with accompanist and pastor
- Serve as a leader in the worship services, giving direction to the congregation during singing, to the choir/worship team, and to other areas of worship
- Work collaboratively with pastor, other staff, and volunteers; participate in worship committee meetings and staff meetings
- Budget for, maintain, and organize the music library and order music, supplies, and equipment as necessary for all related areas.
- Provide open and timely communication about worship music to the church office for bulletins, newsletters, master calendar, etc.
- Recruit volunteers and encourage “open doors” for involvement in music ministry
- Train and develop vocalists and instrumentalists of all ages
- Plan and lead music such as choral/ensemble/solo performances for seasonal worship services and/or special events throughout the church year such as Lent/Easter and Advent/Christmas
- As needed, assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, and other church related activities
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to address above.
- We estimate the needed hours for the responsibilities of this position to require about 20 hours a week
- Compensation will be based on experience, potential of applicant, and will be competitive with other similar positions
Contact: Nathan Adams
1900 NE 164th St. North Miami Beach FL 33162