April 2017 District Newsletter
Message from the District Superintendent
How often do you see God’s glory during your day? I’m not talking about beautiful nature scenes like sunrises, rainbows, and beaches as wonderful as those things are. I’m talking about God at work bringing all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
(Romans 8:28) CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
There are a lot of great things going on in the North East District. Please consider attending one of these upcoming events:
We want to know what is going on in your church. Please add the District Office to your newsletter distribution list. Email - email@example.com or regular mail - 1415 LaSalle Street, Jacksonville, FL 32207.
District Office FYI
- The District Office will be closed on Friday, April 14, 2017 in honor of Good Friday.
- Pam Mullay currently has an upper respiratory infection which is limiting her ability to speak. If you can, please email her versus calling over the next week. Phone conversations are very difficult right now.
- There has been some confusion with the district emails. Any email you receive from us from brtapp.florida is an automated email and cannot accept replies or emails sent directly. We use that system for mass emails including the newsletter and weekly reminders. Please be sure to have our correct emails in your contact list:
- Pam - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashleigh - email@example.com
- Jay - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are open on Fridays! Our normal business hours are 8:30-4:30 Monday through Friday. However, since there is one full-time person (Pam) and one part-time person (Ashleigh), there are times when we cannot get to the phone or that someone is not physically in the office. Our ministry duties sometimes take us outside of the walls of the district office. While we love having visitors, we strongly encourage you to call first just to make sure we are here. Feel free to leave us a voicemail or email us. We will respond to you as quickly as we can.
“Word of the Day - Discipline”
CLICK HERE to read "Reflections on Emotional, Spiritual and Relational Wellness for Pastors by Rev. David Moenning"
Director of Youth Ministries @ Arlington UMC, Jacksonville
Youth Leader @ Shore UMC, St. Augustine
Clergy One-On-One Meetings
As was mentioned during the last District Ministry Team Meeting, Jay will be meeting with all clergy to do one-on-one meetings in June, July and August. (He will not meet with clergy retiring or transitioning.) These meetings are intentionally set after the clergy assessments are due. We remind SPRC that clergy assessments are due on May 30 so it is very important that you complete the assessment on time so it can be reviewed by the District Superintendent.
We have already started scheduling the one-on-one meetings. Be on the lookout for an email invitation from signupgenius.com. All invitations are being sent to the clergy flumc.org email addresses, so please be sure to check those regularly.
DLC Nurse & Learn Volunteers Needed
Volunteers are needed for the DLC Nurse & Learn Easter Egg Hunt on April 11th @ 10 a.m. It will be taking place at DLC Nurse & Learn Center, 4101 College Street, Jacksonville.
They need volunteers to help hide eggs, extra stuffed toy bunnies and Filled Easter Baskets for all kids. Contact DLC directly if you can help.
Please click on the links below for more information about these meetings/events.
April 10-11-12, 2017 - Annual Performance of the Living Last Supper @ Ft. Caroline UMC
April 28, 2017 - UMM Low Country Boil & Oyster Roast - Mandarin UMC
May 6, 2017 - Igniting Mens Conference - Florida Conference Mens Event & Oveida UMC
May 7, 2017 – Pre-Annual Conference Orientation Meeting, 3-5 @ Fleming Island UMC
May 19, 2017 - United Methodist Family Night at the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, 7:05 p.m. game (Jay will be throwing out the first pitch)
May 20, 2017 - Worship & Media Ministry Workshop @ New Life Community UMC
June 8-10, 2017 - Annual Conference 2017, Buena Vista Palace Hotel, Orlando
August 10, 2017 - Global Leadership Summit @ CrossRoad UMC
August 29, 2017 – District Ministry Team Meeting (formerly known as District Clergy Meeting, 11:30 – 3 @ Fleming Island UMC – Brown Bag Lunch.
September 22-23, 2017 - District Lay Servant Ministry Training @ Keystone UMC - Save the Date!
October 13-14, 2017 - 21st Century Man Cave Renovation Conference @ LEC
November 11, 2017 - Super-Charged Conference, 9-12 @ CrossRoad UMC
February 22, 2018 – District Ministry Team Meeting (location TBD)