Update on Hurricane Irma Relief Efforts:
Thank you for all your donations, as of October 4, supplies are no longer needed, any surplus of supplies are to be taken to Trinity UMC in Gainesville, FL. Their only needs right now are for gift cards to buy groceries with or cash. These donations can be sent to The Conference, Attn: Tony Prestipino,Treasurer, 450 Martin Luther King Jr, Lakeland FL 33815.
Pisgah Church Celebrates
Pisgah United Methodist Church
7000 Pisgah Church Road
Friday, October 20, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
They will be serving mullet, cheese grits, cole slaw, hush puppies, drinks and desserts. Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children under 12.
Saturday, November 4, 10:00 am -12:00 pm
It will include a petting zoo for children, face painting, balloon artist and bounce house. Guided tours will be given of the sanctuary and cemetery. Hot dogs and hamburgers will be available.
Jasper UMC Celebrates their 190th Anniversary
Jasper United Methodist Church
405 SE Central Avenue
Sunday, November 5, 11:00
Celebrate with pastries at 10:00 and a special worship service at 11:00, followed by dinner on the grounds.
Saturday, October 21, 5:00pm
Community Fish Fry - $5 Donations will be put towards the New Roof Fund and Outreach Ministries
Saturday, October 28, 4:00pm
Gospel Concert with Amber Lee Abbott
Invite your friends, families and neighbors and celebrate what God has done and is doing!!
Ellzey UMC Celebrates the "Fall Season"
Ellzey United Methodist Church
Intersection of Hwy 84 & County Road 336
Otter Creek, FL
Friday, November 17, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Come celebrate "Fall" with live music on the front porch. Hot dogs and hamburgers with all the fixings. Children's crafts and yummy smore's over the fire!
Employment, Volunteers Needed and Training Events
Children's Ministry Director - Deer Lake UMC
8013 Deer Lake Road South
Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic ministry team while using your gifts and talents to advance the Kingdom of God by ministering to elementary age children ? Deer Lake UMC is looking for an energetic, outgoing, individual who has Children's Ministry experience, is spiritually mature and is passionate about seeing children grow in their faith. This person will be responsible for creating, managing, and directing all aspects of children's ministry from K-5th grade as well as overseeing and coordinating with the Early Childhood Ministry staff person for Childbirth - Pre-K. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and is able to recruit, develop and work with a team of volunteers. This position would be about 30-35 hours a week, if interested, contact Luanne Hunter at email@example.com ...
Children's Nursery Part Time Position - Deer Lake UMC
Deer Lake is looking for a fun loving person who enjoys babies- preschool age children. The nursery position is part-time, Thursdays, 9:00 am - 11:30 am, Sundays, 8:45 am - 12:00 pm, the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 9:15-12:00. If interested please contact, Nicole Coxwell, Early Childhood Coordinator.
Director of Student Ministries - Killearn UMC
2800 Shamrock Road South
Now accepting applications for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. The Director of Student Ministries provides a balanced ministry program for youth (middle and high school) at Killearn UMC that includes spiritual formation, worship, outreach, missions and service for 100+ students. Reporting to an Associate Pastor, the Director of Student Ministries also has responsibility for a team of youth ministries staff. A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of experience working with youth programs are preferred. One year of supervisory and/or leadership experience also preferred. Equivalent related experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. Salary is competitive and includes benefits. To apply, forward a letter of intent, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Sheri Dodge (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Assistant to the Pastors.
Children’s Ministry Teacher - Pisgah Church
7000 Pisgah Church Road
Summary: A new position in a rapidly-growing church in Northeast Tallahassee that is committed to serving the needs of growing families. You have the opportunity to teach and assist in developing a vibrant children’s ministry that will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Professing Christian actively engaged in local church ministry and fellowship
- Leads by example in modeling character, integrity, honesty and kindness
- Ability to work well with parents, volunteers, church staff and children
- Solid understanding of the Bible and basic understanding of study principles
- Leadership abilities that include organization, delegation, administration and interpersonal relationships
- Positive attitude and willing to take direction
- Strong, clear communicator in speech and writing
- Work experience in a church-based children’s ministry and managing volunteers is helpful
- Ability to complete Florida Level II background check at church expense and provide references
- Develop effective relationships with parents and enlist their support and participation
- Coordinate Sunday morning children’s church
- Communicate and coordinate activities with volunteer leaders and parents
- With help from volunteers, ensure rooms and equipment are properly used and supervised during activities and ensure spaces cleaned up/straightened up and trash properly removed by end of activities
- Coordinate all ministry-related purchases with pastor
- Provide own transportation
- Provide periodic, clearly written, informative articles and announcements for bulletin
- Ensure compliance with Florida Conference UMC’s Child Protection Policy and other applicable requirements
Salary: Net $100.00 per week/paid bi-weekly
Total Hours Weekly: Two hours on Sunday, 10:30-12:30, plus preparation during week
Send resume or questions to:
Pastor Rodney West
P.O. Box 16577
Tallahassee, FL 32317, or
email@example.com , or
Part-Time Youth Director - First Alachua
First Alachua UMC
P.O. Box 668
Alachua, Fl 32616
Looking for a Part-Time Youth Director, 20-25 hours a week, salary is negotiable, there is a 3 month trial period.
If interested, please contact the church at (386) 462-2443. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NW District Lay Servant Training - Lake City
1272 SW McFarlane Avenue
Lake City (386) 752-3513
October 20, Friday 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
October 21, Saturday 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Registration Deadline: October 17
Advanced: Leading in Worship
Rev. Ben Richards
Registration is $35, and lunch and snacks will be provided. Any questions, please contact Jim Catron, (850) 673-8201 or Peggy Fox, email@example.com, Northwest District Office at (850) 386-2154.