Click Here to Donate to Hurricane Irma Fund
2016 General Conference Self-Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in serving as a delegate of the Florida Annual Conference to the 2016 General Conference Session. The Florida Annual Conference uses a self-nominating registration system. Those persons who discern a call to serve as a delegate, AND, who successfully complete the registration process will be eligible for election as a delegate. You are about to begin the on-line registration process.
As you prepare to complete the registration form, please be aware of the following things:
- The form will ask you to provide information about yourself which may require some careful thought and planning. It is strongly recommended that you print a blank copy of the form before you begin your work. Please be aware that the on-line form does not offer you the opportunity to save your work and to return to it later. Once you begin, you will need to fill out the form in its entirety before submitting.
- If you do not have access to a computer to complete the registration process, please notify me and I will provide a paper copy of the form for you to complete.
- You will be given the opportunity to attach a recent digital photo of yourself. The photo should be in the popular .jpeg format. Please have this file ready to attach to your registration before hitting the submit button. Photos, if submitted, will be included in the Workbook and on the Conference web site.
- The form will ask you to provide some basic information about you, your church involvement, and pertinent contact information. If certain questions do not apply to you, please type in the word “none” in the places indicated.
- The form will ask you to select an “ethnic” category that best describes you. The categories offered in the drop-down box have been provided by the General Church to use throughout the connection. The categories provided may not match with your particular manner of identifying your ethnicity. Please select from the available options the one that best describes how you define yourself.
- The form will ask you to complete an essay. You may choose to answer either of the two questions. Your answer to the question must be 250 words or less. Only the first 250 words will be printed in the pre-Conference materials. BE AWARE – your answer to the question will be printed exactly as you have provided it. Therefore, be sure to check for spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors before you submit the form.
- The deadline to complete the on-line registration process is February 15, 2015. The form will be removed from the Annual Conference web site following this date. All forms submitted by U.S. Mail must be sent to me at the address below, and must be postmarked on or before February 15, 2015.
If you have any questions regarding the on-line nomination process, please feel free to contact me by phone or email using the information below. I will do all that I can to help you to successfully complete the registration process. Blessings!
Dr. Kenneth L. Minton
38635 Fifth Avenue
Zephyrhills, FL 33542
Click to Nominate ClergyClick to Nominate Laity
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011